Thursday, April 30, 2009

This is the actual picture of my sister and me in Central Park after walking the 14.2 miles. Don't we look attractive?! (read: sweaty!)

You can't believe how exciting it was to be a part of the 10,000 women in the Marathon. It was such a powerful feeling....and I know that I'm not the only person who feels this way. There were lots of women who walked/ran for the first time in this Marathon. (these first time walkers are probably the reason the marathon was turned into a "fun run.") There were lots of teams of women who came to NYC together. I saw a set of t-shirts which read, "It took me 60 years to look this good!" I loved that one! I don't know what our shirt will look like next year, but I do know that we will have one. Anyone interested in joining us?

No comments:

Post a Comment