Monday, December 7, 2009

Dec 7, 2009


Well, I'm no longer 44 having had a birthday in October. Should I rename the blog? "Alive at 45?" "I've arrived at 45?" "Diving into 45?" "45 is Jive!"

None of those title are grabbing me. I need a new title I think. I also need a new vision. When I started this blog, my goal was to learn how to blog (not hard, I know, but I knew nothing about it at the time) and to complete a half marathon on April 26, 2009 (loved it!)

So, what's the next step? I am making plans for New Year's Eve and it occurred to me that this blog really motivated me this year. I don't know if the "magic" will happen again, but I would like to try.

So, goals for 2010: another walk, but this time not for distance, but for charity. I would like to do the MS Walk in the name of my brother-in-law who passed away from it (he was my age) about 18 months ago. I may travel to Cincinnati where my family is and where they have had a family team do the walk for years. I've never joined them before and would like to. If the trip doesn't work out, I'll do the MS walk in Milwaukee, and get my own team together here.

Another goal: finish or almost finish my masters degree. I have 4 classes remaining on my Masters of Leadership Studies at Marquette. More on this one after I meet with my advisor on Wednesday.

I think this is good for a start. I'll blog again (promise!) within 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment