Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 5, Thursday

I did much better on the two mile run with a longer warm up (7 minutes of walking). I did 2 (11.5) minute miles, for 23 minutes total! (so proud of myself) I didn't do the 5K. Strange, my hips didn't even hurt which is good because I didn't take any acetaminophen.

As I was running, it occurred to me that the last time I ran for any length of time was high school (1983 for those of you who are counting) and I ran a 10 mile race. I was in good shape from playing soccer. I'm remembering that a lot of running is mental. Maybe being on the treadmill and inside with a water bottle to sip from encourages stopping....after all, if I were outside and a mile from home, I couldn't really stop until I got back home. (unless I stuck my thumb out to hitch a ride) My legs are not really hurting, nor am I breathing like I'm about to pass out when I stop. I just stop when it feels hard to keep going. Maybe I just need to push through the mental block. Maybe running with a friend will make a difference. It's still fore casted to be above freezing, and possibly even in the 40's. (heat wave!) I'm told that's good running weather. My running friend S.W. gave me advice on what to wear on the run. I'll have to let you know how it goes. (...singing..."if I only had a brain......") P.S. pedometer already reads over 9500 steps for today

No comments:

Post a Comment