Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 5, Tuesday

Let's see, the training for this week is three times running, at 2 miles, 2 miles, and 3 miles. If I'm walking, it's 3 times at 36 minutes with alternating levels of intensity. Well, yesterday, I did the mall walking thing with my friend L.R., and we did 2.5 miles in three laps around, and each lap was 11 minutes. I know we passed everyone, but there was not a lot of competition at 8:00 in the morning. Heck, there was even a woman gamely working around the stores with a walker! (we were very impressed by her)

Here's my stretch goal for this week: I called my friend (C.T.) and asked her if she would run outside with me this weekend. (she said sure! crazy chick...) It's supposed to be close to 40 degrees! Whoohoo! (We're havin' a heatwave (sing with me now...) a tropical heatwave (come on, you know the tune....) the temperature risin' there'll be no denyin'..... (what do you mean you don't know the words?!) Sorry, sometimes I just break into song. So, we're going to give it a try. I'm not sure what to wear, but I think I'll just grab my husband's outdoor running clothes. (don't tell him--what he doesn't know won't hurt him)

No comments:

Post a Comment